Hi all,

Another urgent position has come up in our company, applicant needs to have
some experience with using Django but must also be comfortable with PHP
(our clients are a 50/50 split between PHP and Django).

------

Simplicity Media Ltd are an established UK company providing bespoke IT
solutions for a variety of clients across the globe.

We are currently looking for a flexible and diverse developer to maintain
and extend our existing PHP deployments.

Our solutions are high volume (peaking at around 5000 requests/minute),
with extremely large databases (400 million+ rows) and large content
servers (15TB+ of media files).

The successful candidate should have at least 2 years commercial
experience, be fluent OOP, and have a general understanding of what it
means to be a good programmer.

We're looking for a real person with real emotion, not a corporate robot -
and being a team player is absolutely critical. Our company attitude is
firm but fair, we encourage a healthy mixture of fun/work, and we even have
a 'NSFW' IRC channel!

Essential skills:
* PHP 5.x (OOP)
* MySQL
* Linux (Debian)
* Bash (shell/ssh etc)

Desired (non-essential) skills:
* MongoDB
* Redhat
* Percona
* Memcache
* Redis
* Python

Desired (non-essential) experience:
* CodeIgniter (PHP)
* TubeX (PHP)
* Django (Python)
* JIRA (Atlassian)
* Basecamp
* Zendesk
* Livechat

MINIMUM CRITERIA:
* MUST be able to work on either EST or GMT+0 timezone
* MUST be able to work 30+ hours a week.
* MUST be comfortable working on 18+ sites.
* MUST be fluent in written & spoken English

The position is full time, offering around $2000/month (roughly
£1200/month) for the right candidate - price/hours are negotiable.

This position MUST be filled by 15th April 2012.

When applying, please also include a cover note explaining why you feel you
would be suitable for this role.