On 04-05-12 15:17, Sells, Fred wrote:
Up to now, I’ve been using Flex for my client side and having Django
return xml for the last 2 years. With Adobe’s policy changes regarding
Flex support, I need to shift future efforts to HTML5. I’m seeking some
general advice from the group on basic technology/techniques. My
specific question is…

Swapping xml output from Django for JSON output should be pretty straightforward, I guess. And you can feed the JSON to your brand new html5+javascript front-end. If you're comfortable with javascript, this could be pretty similar in nature to your current setup.

When looking at the Django templating features vs using a tool like
CS5.5 or expression blend, what advice would you offer deciding how much
to put into the template logic and how much to do via
AJAX/Javascript/Jquery? My applications are generally 10 to 30 pages and
I have a 10% commonality between applications.

I blogged about the ajax/template split regarding Django a couple of days ago and got some helpful comments. Perhaps some of them give you some additional feel for the matter:

http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/2012/04/30/django-vs-ajax-how-far.html

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/