This won't be a complete list but it's what I can remember off the top of
my head.
Things to do:
Install Python
Install Django
Install database software (I chose Postgres. I guess you don't need this if
you are using SQLite3).
Create database and users and assign permissions.
Install mod_wsgi.
Edit your apache httpd.conf file to use mod_wsgi:
http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/QuickConfigurationGuide
If you are using apache to serve static html files (like your .css or image
files) then you'll need to add an Alias to your apache config. Something
like: Alias /myproject/static/ /var/www/djangoapps/myproject/media/static

Here are some links I bookmarked while trying to set up a VPS with Django:
http://www.epicserve.com/blog/2011/nov/3/ubuntu-server-setup-guide-django-websites/

http://bailey.st/blog/2012/05/02/ubuntu-django-postgresql-and-nginx-a-rock-solid-web-stack/

http://blog.kevin-whitaker.net/post/725558757/running-django-with-postgres-nginx-and-fastcgi-on

http://brandonkonkle.com/blog/2010/jun/25/provisioning-new-ubuntu-server-django/