On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Andy McKay <a...@clearwind.ca> wrote:
>> Now they want me to add to that how long
>> the browser takes to render the page after it gets the data.
>
> You can use the navigation timing API:
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/NavigationTiming/Overview.html
>
> We use this in conjuction with graphite and django-statsd to produce
> graphs of hour long our sites takes to render.
>
> http://blog.mozilla.org/webdev/2012/01/06/timing-amo-user-experience/
>
> And some more links:
>
> https://github.com/andymckay/django-statsd
> http://django-statsd.readthedocs.org/en/latest/#front-end-timing-integration
> http://graphite.wikidot.com/

I have this working for our pages that execute all the javascript as
part of the page generation (i.e. all contained in or called from the
django template). But we have pages that have an onchange function
that gets triggered by something done in the template. In those the
loadEventEnd gets set before the onchange function runs. Any idea how
I can get the time the onchange function takes included in the
navigation timing?