Frocco,

No, he's saying you can have two databases set up at the same time.
You can have X databases (I presume).

Cheers
L.

On 22 March 2013 01:13, frocco <faro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> so you are saying I should connect django to mysql first and then generate
> the script.
> Then connect django to postgresql and do the import?
>

> On Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:58:37 AM UTC-4, Alan Johnson wrote:
>>
>> I want to echo the support for Postgres. I find it to be a bit more arcane
>> than MySQL, but even in an extremely DB intensive app, Django's ORM is so
>> slick that I rarely have to muck around in Postgres land. I think it's
>> slightly better supported by Django, if you need to use things like
>> distinct(), and other tiny little differences. Two Scoops of Django, which
>> someone mentioned earlier, has become like a holy book to me when it comes
>> to deployment, and they endorse Postgres as well. Navicat is indispensable
>> for getting out of the ORM and seeing what the hell is going on in your DB,
>> as I'm sure you already know. For another migration method, I'll also throw
>> out the option of djang-extensions dumpscript
>> (http://pythonhosted.org/django-extensions/dumpscript.html), which generates
>> the ORM commands to create your database, and can be used for migration.
>>

>> On Monday, March 18, 2013 11:30:35 AM UTC-4, frocco wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> What is the recommended database for django?
>>>
>>> I have used MySQL, but am interested in Postgres.
>>>
>>> Thanks

The new creativity is pointing, not making. Likewise, in the future,
the best writers will be the best information managers.

http://www.theawl.com/2013/02/an-interview-with-avant-garde-poet-kenneth-goldsmith