You don't have to have the databases set up at the same time for the
django-extensions dumpscript method (nor for the dumpdata method). I
haven't used it myself, but as I understand it, the script will contain the
data you need.

   1. Create the script with existing MySQL running
   2. Reconfigure settings for PostgreSQL
   3. Run the script

I'm not saying it's better than any other method, just throwing out the
option.