thanks for the quick response; that should work for me for now (low traffic); but I wonder how it scales with high traffic site. Also, any idea how this may apply to lighttpd.

On 9/28/06, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> for example, I have a dynamic page created, which has a url pointing to
> a static file on another server.

Django provides a mechanism for extending Apache's own authentication
to check against the Django user database, but this requires Django to
be running on all the servers involved:

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/apache_auth/

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin