Thanks for the reply! The main thing I'm looking for is the ability to
create more granular permissions. For example, I want only the person who
creates an instance of something (plus a few admins) the be able to modify
that instance. I talk about working "outside" the admin interface because
my understanding from other threads I've read is that the admin is designed
on the assumption that everyone either has admin privileges or doesn't on a
per-class (as opposed to per-object) basis, and if you want more than that
you're going to have to build your own editing interface.

Of course, what I'd love to hear is that I have this all wrong and there's
an easy way to implement the concept of object ownership, custom
permissions, etc in the existing admin interface. I guess subclassing
AdminSite could be a start to this, but at least at first glanceI don't see
anything in the docs about replacing or extending the access control
mechanism. Anyone have advice along those lines?

Thanks again!
--Brad

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:32:30 PM UTC-5, Gonzalo Delgado wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/4bd041e0-2e4c-449c-9da8-2260c3af66f4%40googlegroups.com.