Hello everybody,

I am very big fan of Django. I found Django and Python after several years 
of php development and working with Python and Django feels like loosing 
all chains you have never known about ;)
In my free time I am developing a web application and cms for my local 
theatre group. Because I use a lot of open source code I decided to release 
my application under the MIT license and maybe some other person may use 
it. If not, it's okay too. I learn a lot. 
The beginning of my project was with Django 1.5 and currently I try to 
migrate from django 1.6 to django 1.7. Of course, I want to use migrations 
because it removes a lot of pain upgrading the application on the live 
environment.

My environment is windows 7 x64 with Python 2.7.8 (default, Jun 30 2014, 
16:03:49) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 with the following packages 
installed:

Django==1.7.1
Pillow==2.6.1
Unidecode==0.04.16
django-countries==3.0.1
django-iban==0.3.0
django-thumbs==0.4
icalendar==3.8.4
markdown2==2.3.0
psycopg2==2.5.4
pytz==2014.9
virtualenv==1.11.6
virtualenvwrapper-powershell==12.7.8
zxcvbn==1.0


I created the migrations for all apps and tested *after every migration* my 
application (.\manage.py test). This works always, but once.

I created my last migration, for an app called organization. After this, 
without any problems, I run my test again. But nothing happens. One CPU 
core is utilized with 100% and even travis-ci.org aborts after ten minutes 
<https://travis-ci.org/omeinusch/Palco/builds/42008702>.

I created two gists: one with the output after I CTRL^C the *test* 
<https://gist.github.com/omeinusch/b25c25938692da887fbc>. An other with the 
output after I CTRL^C a *migrate *with an empty database 
<https://gist.github.com/omeinusch/7c09c52d5b61344f9afa>.
After I canceled the migrate I checked the database. There's only an *empty 
*table called django_migrations.

I have commited my migration-branch to GitHub 
<https://github.com/omeinusch/Palco/compare/master...issue-143-to-django17>. 
There you can see my full organization/0001_initial.py 
<https://github.com/omeinusch/Palco/compare/master...issue-143-to-django17#diff-988f6aced9392122454bff53d11267feR1>.
 
I do not post it here because it has about 300 lines. I think, it's kind of 
a recursion problem but I have no idea where to start. I tried to uncomment 
some dependencies-entries in the initial-file but this does not help.

What is the problem with my last migration? How can I solve it? This 
problem is currently a really hard blocker and I have no ideas since days. 
Frankly, this forum/user-group is my last hope.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/0afe7b12-9773-4a57-88fc-13cb073da14e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to