There's an old ticket [0] noting that startproject/app create files with
Unix line endings, even on WIndows. My question is whether or not this
matters. Some things I thought of:

I think version control programs like Git usually normalize line endings
anyway.

The proposed change only applies to Python files that the template commands
are rewriting, not to any other text-based files such as template files
(the default project/app templates don't have any, but custom project/app
templates might).

Does makemigrations (and any other management commands that write files)
already have this behavior?

Thanks for your feedback so we can best spend our time.

[0] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/21046

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d5fc3b13-39f7-486b-9b4b-9fce88ab4f2e%40googlegroups.com.