On 13/10/2016 10:43 AM, Tim Graham wrote:
There's an old ticket [0] noting that startproject/app create files with Unix line endings, even on WIndows. My question is whether or not this matters. Some things I thought of:

I think version control programs like Git usually normalize line endings anyway.

The proposed change only applies to Python files that the template commands are rewriting, not to any other text-based files such as template files (the default project/app templates don't have any, but custom project/app templates might).

Does |makemigrations| (and any other management commands that write files) already have this behavior?

Thanks for your feedback so we can best spend our time.

[0] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/21046

I haven't had any such problems. I develop on Windows and deploy on Linux. Editors and repos look after all that.

If I did have a problem I would consider it my own responsibility to choose a different set of tools to resolve it.

Not a Django issue IMO.

Cheers (and thanks!)

Mike

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com <mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d5fc3b13-39f7-486b-9b4b-9fce88ab4f2e%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d5fc3b13-39f7-486b-9b4b-9fce88ab4f2e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d9501fbf-97f9-2690-9972-73892d46ab1e%40dewhirst.com.au.