Hi all,

Those of you who use some of my apps know that I don't put inline
javascript code ever in fields, for the reason that it's known to slow
page rendering. Also, it isn't known to help maintainability nor
re-usability. That Django provides this as the only way does not
invalidates that.

Also, overriding default form fields (and of course, classes) all the
time just because I want something that's /usable/, is not acceptable
in my logic. If I have to override something it should be to "add
value", not "make it usable". I'm sorry but it looks like you don't
understand me so I try to repeat myself but it might not work either
:D

I already know how to customize Django forms, as stated earlier, I'm
the author of django-autocomplete-light and have maintained and
supported it for the past 5 years for the community for free, for
sports. My requirement is: I want form fields to be usable out of the
box, without having to override the form class everywhere in the world
(admin, drf, django-filters, and so on) just because I want usable
fields.

Thanks a heap for sharing some of your insight

Best
Jamesie
<3

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAC6Op1_AszLdo4p%2BqVnBtkYAXO3_JYfec8SHROHo03Xp4hNkkw%40mail.gmail.com.