Django is typically used with a SQL database. There's a fork of Django called
non-rel that works with mongo but it's not actively developed any longer.
Instead you can access mongo from a Django view via the standard mongo python
library but you won't be able to use Django's models or admin. Those are pretty
dependent on a SQL database.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/193821D6-941C-4A67-9478-50427D954F41%40fattuba.com.