I'm at the point of wanting to write some help for a website, the standard
helpfile sort of scenario ;-). If that means little to you, just a
hierarchy of pages that document things and can be linked.

I wrote page one with the Django flatpages app:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/ref/contrib/flatpages/

But it's not real comfy in terms of editing and maintaining. So I looked
on-line for solutions and of course nothing with "help" in the search terms
is going anywhere fast (finds me a lot of help about Django ;-). so better
keywordss needed but I have found a pile of maybe options and am suddenly
bamboozled by what is vogue, current, maintained, has a lasting future etc.

https://github.com/klen/django_markdown

Untouched in 4 years with 22 open issues Hmm.

And this looks nice:

https://github.com/mjr27/django-flatpages-tinymce

but untouched in 7 years and 4 open issues.

Now untouched doesn't mean bad, could just be mature, stable and works
perfectly, already fro 7 years. These are the things it's hard to gauge.
But if I'm looking at TinyMCE how about:

https://github.com/aljosa/django-tinymce

on which it depends. NO bad, updated a month ago to make it work with
Django 2.1 so seems alive! But my site is math heavy so I want equation
ease so how about:

And this looks good:

https://www.codecogs.com/latex/integration/tinymce_v3/install.php

This looks maybe:

https://github.com/iCAPLyon1/tinymce-formula

This looks unconvincing:

https://github.com/foraker/tinymce_equation_editor

and do we want this:

https://github.com/Tivix/django-flatpages-nav

or this as well:

Or hang on why do this piecemeal why not use Wagtail from the word go:

http://docs.wagtail.io/en/v2.4/index.html

Or would wagtail introduce too much coordination trouble between its
templates and my sites ... etc. etc. I'm full of questions and really just
wondering, is there a canonical solution to a site documentation page
hierarchy and managing it nicely?

Regards,

Bernd.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f74dff14-7ea1-45b3-bfb3-82ecc9c66799%40googlegroups.com.