Mike, Thanks for your suggestions.

Just a stab in the dark - have you tried giving from_contact a
> related_name?

Yes, I have tried a few different combinations of providing a single
related_name and various naming conventions when providing related_name on
both ForeignKey fields without success.

> Another stab ... maybe you could just display the
> ContactConnectionAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin) with model=ContactConnection?

Yes, adding a ModelAdmin for the through table will show all of the
relationships, but it still requires searching both ForeignKey fields to
capture all of the relationships, regardless of which Contact hey were
created on.

Workarounds are to add two Inlines, one for each through table foreign key,
or perform a compound query to combine the two results. I just figured that
since the capability was added in Django 3.0, that the symmetric queries
were included as well. My guess is that it is possible with the correct
configuration / naming conventions. I'll dive into the code to see if
anything pops up.

Thanks!