Hey Nuno,

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 11:36 +0000, Nuno Mariz wrote:
> Seems that is not possible to disable a subset language in locale
> system.

What do you mean by "disable the subset language" here?

> I can't define only the "pt" locale, because if the user uses in his
> browser "pt-br" it loads the "pt-br" and not the "pt" that was defined
> in LANGUAGE settings:

This sounds like you want fallback behaviour, so that pt-br falls back
to pt (if pt-br isn't available) and then to C (or whatever the default
is). Is that correct? Or what do you expect to happen if they send in
pt-br?

We don't actually do fallback handling in Django at the moment, but I've
been wondering if we should -- I've been a little surprised that nobody
has brought it up previously.

If you can give an example of what you expect to have happen it would be
useful. If it's simple fallback, I think it's a reasonable request
(certainly happens in other packages / programming languages).

Regards,
Malcolm