Josh,

My first question would be if you've checked into flatpages yet.  If
I'm reading what you're asking, it solves the problem almost entirely.
 And, it's quite simple and you can use it to build more structure on
if you need more features than it offers.

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/flatpages/