If I remember correctly, my problem was that the JSON serializer was
bombing out when encountering float fields.  I didn't report it
directly because I thought I had remembered seeing others report
similar problems.  It was probably a late night and I got around it by
opting for XML formatting.

Thanks for the update Russell, nice to see the aggressive work being
put into this very useful aspect of the framework.

Cheers
-Brian