On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 20:03 +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
[...]
> If anybody doesn't believe software development is hard, this is a
> beautiful example. I fixed a very similar problem for modpython last
> night. At the same time I looked for analogous problems in the other
> handlers and didn't see any. I even checked the tests and
> http/__init__.py. Tonight, the same sort of problem pops up but in the
> development *server*, despite the fact that I have been testing things
> in different locales all along (which is really strange).
>
> It's a trivial fix. Wait 30 minutes and try again.

Fixed in [5378].

It's actually a good bug to find; we were violating the WSGI spec, so it
actually was an error in our wsgi handler. Fortunately, the dev server
is very aggressive about enforcing "MUST" requirements in that area, at
least.

Note that if you actually *try* to pass something that is not ASCII data
in a header, you'll get an error, but that's an error in the code,
rather than just a problem with passing the wrong type. Shouldn't be an
issue, though.

Regards,
Malcolm