On 6/26/07, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't want to sound discouraging, but if the answer is at all critical
> to your operation, you can't trust any numbers you get here. They will
> not have the same usage patterns as yours. Benchmark, benchmark,
> benchmark is the only way.

FWIW, I use this:

http://www.joedog.org/JoeDog/Siege

to do stress and load testing as well as benchmarking.

In most of my cases, even a modest machine (1GB memory, dual-core
Intel [EMAIL PROTECTED]) can handle up to 1,000 hits per minute. By hits I mean
hits to the Apache server running mod_python with the Django app. The
first choking point you're likely to come up with is bandwidth limits.
But as Malcolm said above, your use case may not be the same as
everyone else's and you should benchmark your own app to determine
what your server can handle.

HTH.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_