Just to give an update, I've tried forking the view, and then turning
the child process into a daemon with a double fork, and then exiting
before it gets to the return, and letting the parent do the return,
but this is not working either...

I'm stumped, and don't really want to have to create a specific
controller daemon (but guess I'm going to have to)

- Olllie