On 7/5/07, RajeshD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not sure. What RDBMS are you using? I understand about the need to
> retain your DB structure as is but are you allowed to *add* new
> constraints to the DB?

Django does not support multi-column primary key tables.

If you'll be doing insert/update/delete, Django will get confused.

If you only need read-only access, you can create a shim view over the
table, and set the Model's db_table to use the view.

If you need write access, I'm afraid you're on shaky ground with Django.

There's been interest expressed in doing this before, but if you want
to try adding it, it'll be a fairly involved job.