Hey all --

I've run into an unexpected situation, but feel it may be due more to
my inexperience than any innate weirdness.  Perhaps someone can
explain?

I'm running Django 0.95 on Apache 2.0, using mod_python 3.3.1, and I
use SSH to connect to my server.  After a few days of shuffling and
cursing and fiddling, I've got everything running nicely: apps work,
dbs work, templates work, css works.  But, I've found that when I make
CSS changes, it can be 20 minutes or more before they "take" (eg.
before I can see them when I open the site up in a browser), even
after restarting the server.  But, template and code changes 'take'
immediately (or right after a server restart).

I do see the CSS changes eventually, but during the 20-minutes-or-so
waiting period, the site seems to be pulling up the previous version
of the CSS file, according to my web browser (Firefox and Opera).  The
old version, however, is nowhere to be found on my web server.  I've
tried clearing my browser cache, which doesn't work either.

Is this normal?  I'm new to mod_python and fairly new to Apache, so
maybe it is completely expected and I just wasn't aware.  Or, maybe
I've done something wrong?  Or perhaps its a browser problem?  If it
is completely expected, how do others here deal with it?

Appreciative of any insight!

Heather Yager
Biodiversity Database Programmer @ The Academy of Natural Sciences