Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experiences spawning subprocesses
under mod_python on Linux/Unix. My specific use case is something in
the line of an os.system() call with the exception that I will be
using its replacement using Popen() as detailed here:

http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.3/lib/node243.html

I want to be able to retrieve the results of the subprocess (file
command) as it is printed on STDOUT and STDERR.

I found this thread from 2006 but it talks about spawning a daemon
process from mod_python. My case is a bit different I think as I only
want to execute an external subprocess, capture its output and have
mod_python go on its merry way.

http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2006-February/020225.html

Anyone else with success/horror stories to tell about spawning
subprocesses under mod_python please share :)

Thanks in advance.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

http://abing.gotdns.com/