I've spent a few days Googling and searching this group for some
guidance on a few newbie issues. I apologize in advance if these
things have already been covered to death.

I am basically trying to decide where to put my focus in the next
project or two: Rails or Django. Haha, yeah I know... :) My question
is not necessarily which is better, that would be dumb, but which
might be better suited for a n00b.

Here's what really makes me lean toward Django.

1.) Perfomance, ease of deployment and documentation.
2.) Love python syntax.
3.) I like the pragmatic vibe of the community and no nonsense
approach. I'm a little tired of 'baked right in' and all other
buzzworthy lingo.
4.) Google API avaible in Python.

The only thing that doesn't make this a clear cut decision are a few
issues:

1.) Rails has more books, reference, code examples, etc.
2.) I've read and been told it's easier to create a cutom admin
(something about sessions). As much as I love Django auto-admin, it
will not suit my next project.
3.) Ruby may be more forgiving than Python???

Thanks for any light that can be shone my way. I apologize in advance
if I have missed any previous threads covering these issues.

-TMB