There is a row-level-permissions branch, but I do not believe it is actively
being developed at this time.  I wrote my own role-based permission system
and integrated it into all of my models that require it.  I have not
attempted to integrate the permission system into the admin interface
though.  I have used my own views.  If you just want to limit access to one
user (+ admin) this can be accomplished relatively easily by storing  the
user who created the model instance as a FK on the model.  The threadlocal
middleware can be used to integrate this into your save method of your
models, if this is required.  You could then create a model.manager to
filter based on the request.user, and a model method that can evaluate
whether or not the current user is authorized to edit or delete an
instance.  My advice would be to check the permissions before every action,
i.e. check as you create a queryset, when getting an instance for editing,
when the edited instance is submitted to be saved, when an instance is to be
deleted, etc...
If you have any specific questions, I would be more than happy to answer
what I can.
-richard