Hi,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 02:53:10PM +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 12-Nov-07, at 1:26 PM, Mike Cantelon wrote:
> >> I personally use webfaction for public hosting, but its a major pain
> >>
> >> Just buy your own box
> >
> > ...or go the VPS route. Any hosting company offering Xen-based virtual
> > servers (I used provps.com, who have been great) can give you the
> > flexibility of your own server without the cost of a dedicated server.
>
> I have a site on webfaction - 40MB. After much tweaking I got each
> django instance down to 15 mb and things were ok. Today I got a
> notice saying I am using 105 mb - look at the stats and find that
> each instance is using 35 MB. I have made no change. The rest of my
> apps are on my own vps, so no problem. But how did 15mb become 35mb
> over time?

Maybe you need to decrease your ServerLimit?  Each forked server process leads
to increased memory usage.  For a really low volume site, you can get away with
ServerLimit 1, although I'd be sure to host your media files in a different
instance (webfaction has docs for doing this somewhere).

Make sure that Django and Python debug settings are disabled, too (apache2.conf
PythonDebug, settings.py DEBUG).

-Forest
--
Forest Bond