Hello,

I have a problem:  on my website I periodically need to transfer some data
from a DB, to the Django DB of the website (I currently use MySQL)

what i do in my view is to call some SQL queries on the "from" database,
make some calculations and rearrangements on the data to transfer, then call
several times the .save() method to store the data in the (django)
destination database.

this procedure takes a long time (about 40 minutes) on the server

is there a way to speed up the insert process?
I mean, in MySQL it is common practice to use long INSERT instructions to
speed up the process, is there a way to do something similar in Django,
rather than calling .save() thousands of times?
Thanks,

Alex