Hi Eric

Am 06.04.2008 um 06:49 schrieb Eric Abrahamsen:

> Guess I'll have to serve the files from django's apache, not my other
> media server, but it seems like this will do it.

That depends on your setup.

You can also use a X-Sendfile or X-Accel-Redirect capable Server as
your frontend-Proxy. So your request goes this way:

1. Frontend-Proxy and static file server (i.e. Nginx od lighttpd)
    if URL matches local file or rule: serve it
    else: request file from Backend-Server (i.e. Apache)
2. Backend Server
    handle urls as in urls.py or your resolving strategy and serve
dynamic Data accordingly.

In this way your Hostname is always the same. All Static files can be
served from your frontend-proxy with X-Accel-Redirect even private
data. You also can serve cached dynamic content directly from your
proxy without hitting the apache.

In larger setups the frontend-proxy also can handle the load-balancing
stuff.

//Thomas