I was able to implement the generic views change with yesterday's
trunk version successfully. I did not have to do anything special (no
separate admin.py, no get_absolute_url())

I did however, do something that the tutorial did not ask to do - i.e.
delete all references to the admin in mysite/urls.py, which looks like
this:

------begin------
from django.conf.urls.defaults import *
from mysite.polls.models import Poll

info_dict = {
    'queryset': Poll.objects.all(),
}

urlpatterns = patterns('',
                       (r'^$',
'django.views.generic.list_detail.object_list',
                        info_dict),
                       (r'^(?P<object_id>\d+)/$',

'django.views.generic.list_detail.object_detail',
                        info_dict),
                       url(r'^(?P<object_id>\d+)/results/$',

'django.views.generic.list_detail.object_detail',
                           dict(info_dict, template_name='polls/
results.html'),
                           'poll_results'),
                       (r'^(?P<poll_id>\d+)/vote/$',