I understand the mapping of urls.py but I guess I'm not clear on a few
things to begin with, like what is the equivalent to an index.html
page in django? I know that the system works off of a template system
like using "base.html" as the design skeleton for a site and extending
that system with calls to different views, but what happens when I
want to just request the index page for a django site? Let's say I
register and add a subdomain to my Dreamhost account say...
mysite.com, when I issue the startproject command as django-admin.py
startproject mysite is there some sort of connection between the two?
Do I scrap the Dreamhost generated directory "mysite.com" and the
actual command I should be issuing is django-admin.py startproject
mysite.COM? What is returned for an index page if there is no
ndex.html or index.php?

Thanks,

Jason