On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Scott <scott....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply - does anyone know if Django 1.0 is patched
> into the Google App Engine Django Helper?

Per
http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-django/source/browse/trunk/CHANGES

any reasonably current level of the app engine helper requires at least
Django 1.0 beta1.  So far as I know, though, it doesn't provide it, rather
you have to include it as part of your app.  Which is a bit of a pain since
Django as shipped contains more than 1,000 files and a GAE app is limited to
no more than 1,000 files.  This page:

http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/django10_zipimport.html

under "Archiving Django 1.0" provides some details on bits of the django
tree you can omit from your django.zip file (e.g. translations you won't
need) so that you can keep within GAE limits and still use Django 1.0.

Karen