On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Bfox <bandrew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really like the admin pages.  I want to figure out how to show the
> "list page" to all users (even when anonymous), but I don't want
> anonymous users to be able to edit the data (obviously).  I looked at
> databrowse, but as far as I can tell, it is not tabular.
>
> The table I am referring to has the title "select xxx to change," is
> called the "admin change list page" in the admin documentation and
> usually has a path of:
> /myproject/admin/myapp/myobject
>
> I especially like the nice customization in admin.py:
>   list_display
>   list_filter
>   list_per_page
>   search_fields
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/admin/#list-display
>
> I am new to django, so I don't know if this is an easy thing to do or
> not.  I suspect it might be hard.  Would this question be more
> appropriate on the django-admin group?
>
> Thanks very much.

The django admin really isn't designed to be used like this, it's meant for
trusted users only.  That being said once you learn django building a page
like that for your specific data isn't terrible hard and there are a few
cool projects like django-tables or django-filter(disclaimer, I wrote this)
to help you in building such a page.

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero