I really like the admin pages.  I want to figure out how to show the
"list page" to all users (even when anonymous), but I don't want
anonymous users to be able to edit the data (obviously).  I looked at
databrowse, but as far as I can tell, it is not tabular.

The table I am referring to has the title "select xxx to change," is
called the "admin change list page" in the admin documentation and
usually has a path of:
/myproject/admin/myapp/myobject

I especially like the nice customization in admin.py:
   list_display
   list_filter
   list_per_page
   search_fields
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/admin/#list-display

I am new to django, so I don't know if this is an easy thing to do or
not.  I suspect it might be hard.  Would this question be more
appropriate on the django-admin group?

Thanks very much.