On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 06:30 -0800, Gonzalo wrote:
> Hello:
>

> Sorry if this is foolish,  i'm prety noob in django, and not very good
> in english
>
> I have a country id stored in a session...
>
> I have a form, it have a country CHOICE field
>
> In the form, could i mark as selected  the country that is in the
> session?  How?

When you are creating the form instance (that is, writing something like
my_form = MyForm(...)) in your view, you have access to the "request"
object, which contains request.session. So you can pull out the value
from the session and pass it to the form as initial data.

By way of example:

        class MyForm(forms.Form):
           country = forms.ChoiceField(...)

        def some_view(request, ....):
           if request.method == "POST":
              form = MyForm(request.POST)
           else:
              country_id = request.session["country_id"]
              form = MyForm(initial={"country": country_id})

Here, I only include the session country_id value if we're creating an
initial (mostly empty) form. In the "POST" path, when processing
submitted data, we'll use whatever value the user has submitted.

Regards,
Malcolm