On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 15:43 -0800, ydjango wrote:
> Ok , so timeout happens on browser (client ) side, then i need to
> figure out some javascript to do detect that.

No, you don't.

> I was hoping in django there  is way to detect that no session cookie
> was sent or session cookie is expired and  then redirect to a page
> with message " For your security, you have been logged out due to
> inactivity. Please login again..."

You can use the login_required decorator on views to do that (one
example). You aren't really exploiting Django's session framework very
well here. It already knows about the differences between logged in
(authenticated) and logged out (anonymous) users. So have a read of the
sessions documentation (and auth documentation) and the login_required
decorator.

Regards,
Malcolm