Maybe somebody can suggest how to get the functionality I'm trying to
duplicate.  I looked and can't find anything that seemed similiar.

I have a form with checkboxes.  User selects one or more and submits the
form.  The processing currently goes like this:

1) Write JavaScript to display moving progress bar
2) Process based on checked boxes (which in my specific example is to
copy the specified databases into a sandbox area)
3) Write JavaScript to turn off progress bar

The database copying is short, up to about 20 seconds.  Short enough to
let the user wait, long enough that I want to indicate the computer
hasn't frozen :-{}

It seems that I can only return HTML to be displayed once from a view.
Is there a way to get the functionality described above somehow?
--
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: a...@eng.mc.xerox.com

Disclaimer: Any/All views expressed
here have been proven to be my own.  [http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/]