On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:44 AM, djandrow <andrewkenyon...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have python 2.5 and 2.6 installed on my computer and when i try to
> run manage.py sqlall I get an error:
>
> raise ImproperlyConfigured("Error loading MySQLdb module: %s" % e)
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading MySQLdb
> module: Module use of python25.dll conflicts with this version of
> Python.
>
> This is because it is using python 2.6 and the mysql backend is for
> 2.5, there isn't an exe backend for windows.
>
> I'm using the command line and want to know how i can change the
> python versions. I have my system path set up for 2.5 so I don't know
> what effect that has.
>
> Would it be possible to just list the path in the command line when i
> run manage.py? since other commands don't have this problem
>
> Andrew

I'm not super familiar with how windows handles it's path, but if you do
./manage.py on unix it will use your default python installed, however you
can also do python manage.py or python2.5 manage.py or python2.6 manage.py
to specify which version to use.  Hopefully that helps somewhat.

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero