On Jan 6, 12:47 am, drakkan <drakkan1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 Gen, 00:41, drakkan <drakkan1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suppose I want to delete an user. This user is in table1 and so in
> databaseview too. Django default is to do adeletecascade so it tries
> to remove the user from table1, databaseview and auth_user: it fails
> when try to remove user from databaseview.
>
> A possible solution would be :
>
> - before issue user.delete(), issue something like
> table1.objects.filter(user=u).delete() (this way user reference
> disappear from databaseview too) and then u.delete()

I've just had this problem and fixed it simply by adding a rule in the
database:
"create rule myrule as on delete to mytable do instead nothing;"
Django still attempts to delete the record but the db (Postgres) just
ignores it.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/rules-update.html

Hence the error message:
HINT:  You need an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule.

HTH

Will