Hi,

I've implemented and ajax upload progress bar and I've got a strange
issue with sessions. I've reused the exact same code from another
project where it works perfectly, so I assume there is some kind of
configuration problem. Any hint on how to debug this would be very
welcome.

Basically, the way it works is that a custom upload handler updates a
session entry with the progress of the upload as new chunks of a big
file are received. In parallel, an ajax request is periodically sent
to fetch the session entry and update the progress bar in the
frontend.

However, the problem is that the session entry is not saved until the
file has finished being uploaded. Whenever the ajax requests are sent
the new session entry is not accessible at all. It doesn't seem to be
saved.

I've tried to set the "SESSION_SAVE_EVERY_REQUEST = False" setting,
and I also tried to set "request.session.modified = True" right before
saving the session entry. But that didn't make a difference. Both the
upload and ajax requests use the same domain. Both projects (the one
that works and the one that doesn't) use MySQL.

Could that be a problem in Django's or Apache configurations?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Julien