On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Masklinn <maskl...@masklinn.net> wrote:

> On 23 May 2009, at 21:32 , Nils-Hero wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > that is a sympathic cite by voltaire and i agree
> >
> > Sphinx sucks, simply because it is not installable. dot.

This is going to turn into a real ugly flame war quickly. Let's get
concrete, so we can actually solve this problem. Firstly, the documentation
is all written in restructuredText which is plainly readable. When you
download Django, you also download the docs, which you are free to read in
the text files that come with the project. The docs are all there.

Second, I don't believe Sphinx is very difficult to install. It is a python
package like any other and should only take a few minutes to install and
understand well enough to output the docs in any format that you would like.
This isn't really the group to talk about Sphinx issues, but if you are
having some specific issues, maybe there is an easy fix that you can bring
up at http://groups.google.com/group/sphinx-dev

The last thing is, I have no difficulties offering tarballs of any of the
docs, not because of your 'witty' attitude here, but because it isn't a
difficult thing to do. http://media.mnjournal.com/django-docs-1.0-html.tgz

I hope this helps,

Michael