On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:51 AM, gganesh wrote:

> Hi friends,
> It could be helpful if someone suggest me to find a way to show
> Progress Bar while django is processing to send mails .I have a form
> where list of email Id's are displayed with checkbox and user selects
> those and submits.Here i need to show a progress bar till django
> finished its process of sending mails .is there any way to achieve
> this .

AJAX is a good solution.

When the user hits the submit button, have JavaScript (I recommend
jQuery) cancel the actual page submission and instead send the POST
request.

If I understand what you're saying, you want to do something for some
number of checkboxes on the page. In which case, you could write a
function which accepts a value (e-mail address, maybe?), then write a
JavaScript loop to iterate through the checkboxes, count the number to
process, then call your function repeatedly in the loop, updating a
status bar based on how many have been completed so far.

As for the status bar, check docs.jquery.com or the docs for jQueryUI
to see if there's a pre-made one. I'm pretty sure there is. Worst
case, you get a thin graphic and dynamically change its width to a
percentage of the div it's in or something.

Shawn