So the Author and Illustrator tables would stay as is.
How would the Interview table talk to both of those tables at once, to
allow me to assign an interview to who I'm interviewing. Whether it's
an Illustrator, Author or even down the track a Publisher.

Like so?

class Interview(models.Model):
        body = models.TextField()
        publication_date = models.DateField(auto_now=True)

        interview_subject = ...

        class Meta:
                ordering = ['publication_date']