Alex,

So I have my Menus that contain links and a Link can be in multiple
Menus. Are you saying make an explicit model like:

class MenuLinks(models.Model):
    menu = models.ForeignKey(Menu)
    link = models. ForeignKey(Link)

?

Basically what I am doing is making an enhanced flatpages app called
staticpages. I want my client to have full control over the page's
content, menus associated with a page as well as links in the menu..
Here is my signals.py:

http://pastebin.com/m3c333dd

If I modify it to use the above table and connect to its post_save
signal, is my solution worth it? I use signals to generate an XHTML
menu and cache it in my database. I do this in a thread. Someone said
don't use threads. What is the consensus on that?

Cheers,
Ryan