Finally found the problem was a recusive call when I happened to be
using the shell.  Strange that it would work at all!

In [1]: import tweetlog.views
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call
last)

/Users/phoebebr/Development/tinywho/<ipython console> in <module>()

/Users/phoebebr/Development/tinywho/tweetlog/views.py in <module>()
     10
     11
---> 12 from web.views import *
     13 from forms import *
     14 from django.contrib.auth.decorators import login_required

/Users/phoebebr/Development/tinywho/web/views.py in <module>()
      4 from tagging.models import *
      5 from tweetlog.models import TweetLog
----> 6 from tweetlog.views import parse_tweet, autolink
      7
      8

ImportError: cannot import name parse_tweet