On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 07:36 -0700, dnedbaylo wrote:
[...]
> I was thinking about a case where try clause contains couple of save()
> calls of different models and each model has unique field. And there
> is no way to catch specific to model IntegrityError,
> you can catch only "general" IntegrityError not bound to specific
> model...

That's because IntegrityError is something raised by the database layer.
It is *not* bound to any particular model. It is the result of some
table constraints being violated, so doesn't correspond directly. In
other words, what you're asking for doesn't really make sense for the
type of error that IntegrityError is.

Regards,
Malcolm