Hey all,

I cant seem to get my (non-model-)forms datefield localized.

Here's my first attempt:
some_date = fields.DateField(widget=widgets.DateInput(format=ugettext
('%d.%m.%Y')))

That's working fine, until the user switches his sessions language.
Then, the date is still shown in the format(ie. '%d.%m.%Y') and not
the correctly localized one(ie. '%Y-%m-%d').

Now, if I change to ugettext_lazy() like this:

some_date = fields.DateField(widget=widgets.DateInput
(format=ugettext_lazy('%d.%m.%Y')))

I get a TemplateSyntaxError 'strftime() argument 1 must be string or
read-only buffer, not __proxy__'

I'm pretty stuck - it's my first i18n project. Could somebody help me
out, please?

Cheers & thx for any pointer!
Carsten