Hello,
I'm going through the tutorial when I have time.  A few weeks back, I
created the polls app, was able to retrieve data and use the admin
interface and everything was beautiful.  Now I'm trying to catch up
where I left off and am having problems.  When I do the runserver
command, it tells me that the dev server is running, but I get a 404
if I click on the link.  And while I have the polls app installed, I
can't retrieve any information. I think I need some more basic info on
moving from unix to the python shell (and back). when I type python
manage.py shell, I don't get the >>> prompt.
I'm wondering if I can make some kind of startup file for myself, so I
can execute the basic commands I need to get started and set up.  Do
others do this?
Thanks for any help, I am only able to focus on this periodically.