Surely can't only be me that finds the main Django site painfully
slow? There is some javascript in there or something that just kills
my browser.

I'm using Firefox on Linux, on 1.5gig P4, OK not state of the art but
it's fine for pretty much any other website, but when I try to look
something up on the Django website, firefox jumps to 80% CPU and takes
10s of seconds to render each page, and even when the page is rendered
the browser is so sluggish as to be almost unusable.

Django might speed up development, but what it gives it takes away in
time sitting waiting for the damn docs to load!