On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Jo <jomich...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, after a bit of tinkering I think I might have found the culprit.
>
> Seems fine in Opera, and much better in Firefox when I disable Adblock
> Plus (the only add-on I've got installed!)
>
> Still a little sluggish in Firefox, but they are big pages on quite an
> old machine. Goes from unusable to almost normal with ABP disabled.

Glad you've found something that makes it better, but it still sounds odd to
me.  I use Firefox 3.5.2 + AdBlock Plus 1.1 on my Ubuntu machine (P4 with
just 1G) and don't notice any particular sluggishness with the Django site.
Firefox does seem to go out to lunch periodically and become unresponsive
for stretches of time, but from some research I'm pretty sure that's due to
updating live bookmarks, and it's much improved in 3.5 compared to 3.0
(though I wouldn't call it fixed).

Karen